CRUSH VOLLEYBALL had a successful first year back on the club scene:
- Focus was male athletes in two age categories U14 and U18. Over the season, there were up to 20 boys in each age division participating in club practices. Numbers fluctuated over the season as boys were given opportunity to come out without full commitment, if their schedules did not allow. Most conflicts for participation were boys in development hockey or soccer programs.
- Club was supported by a number of coaching and administration staff in both age divisions.
- Both age categories regularly held twice weekly practices from October through May.
- A number of the U18 team members played on the NWT Volleyball Team for AWGs.
- The Club hosted a number of successful fundraising activities, including a silent auction and a raffle. Sufficient funds were raised to send the U14 team to U14 Nationals in Winnipeg and the U18 team to a training camp in Grande Prairie.
- The U14 Nationals was a very positive experience, with the team winning some games and matches, getting their very first exposure to official game situations and varied levels of competition.
- The training camp in Grande Prairie was facilitated by the Grande Prairie College volleyball program and was a great opportunity, one that is hoping to be repeated next year.
CRUSH VOLLEYBALL l is busy planning for the 2016/2017 season:
- The Club will run U15 and U18 age categories for boys.
- The Club is working to ensure increased competition and training opportunities for both divisions over last year.
CRUSH VOLLEYBALL would like to thank NWTVA for its support with registration fees for the 2016 U14 Volleyball Nationals.