The Advanced Development Coach Program is designed for coaches working with athletes in the Learn to Compete LTAD stage or 17-18 category. The course expands on knowledge and skills learned in the Development Coach context and applies advanced training methods. The program has three distinct phases towards certification. Completion of each phase provides the coach with one of the three coaching designations: "In Training", "Trained", or "Certified."
Step 1 - In Training: completion of Volleyball Canada e-modules (approximately 6-8 hours; pre-requisite to the In-Person Workshop)
These e-modules are designed to provide all the necessary information a volleyball coach will need prior to the In-Person Workshop. The content of the modules will be applied and practiced in the Workshops. To begin the e-modules click here.
Step 2 - In Training: completion of the Advanced Development Beach Volleyball Workshop
The course focuses on helping coaches to more effectively train athletes within the 17-18 age category and more advanced stages of skill development. Coaches will be expected to participate in a series of learning experiences designed to assist them in applying proven methods of coach intervention and practice design. Coaching abilities will be assessed throughout the course in a cooperative peer lead environment.
Step 3 - Trained: completion of the following Multi-Sport Modules:
- Plan a Practice
- Make Ethical Decisions (Comp-Int version)
- Design a Basic Sport Program
- Basic Mental Skills
These modules provide education and training in areas relevant to coaches in all sports. To enroll in the Multi-Sport Modules, contact the Sport North Federation.
Step 4 - Certified: Portfolio and Evaluation requirements
The final step in the Advanced Development process is the submission of portfolio assignments and the undertaking of final evaluations.
The portfolio includes:
- Design a Basic Sport Program submission
- Practice Plan submission
- Developing an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) (not required if already compelted in the Development Coach context)
Coach Evaluation Package. The evaluations include:
- Make Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation - Comp-Intro Stream
- Making Head Way (generic stream) free online module
- Error Detection and Correction online Evaluation (basic and intermediate skills)
- Support ot Athletes Training Evaluation (video submission or in-person)
Evaluation Package Appendices:
- Producing Videos for Coach Evaluation
- Certification Standards ADV DEV
- Evaluation Forms and Tools
- Action Plan